Where is the Garden Route?
The Garden Route
We’re situated on the 33rd and 34th parallel in South Africa, conveniently half way between the winelands of Cape Town in the Western Cape and the malaria-free game reserves of Gqeberha – previously known as Port Elizabeth or PE – in the Eastern Cape (although we have some of our own wine lands and plenty of our own game and nature reserves, too, of course).
The Garden Route can be divided into 8 distinct sub regions, including:
- George, including Wilderness;
- Mosselbay incl. Herbertsdale, Gouritsmond, Groot/Klein Brak and Hartenbos;
- Oudtshoorn including De Rust;
- Knysna, including Sedgefield and Rheenendal;
- Plettenberg Bay including Kwanokuthula;
- Tsitsikamma including Stormsriver;
- Hessequa, including Heidelberg, Riversdale, Stilbaai, Witsand; and
- Kannaland, including Calitzdorp and Ladismith.